It’s the night before the Super Bowl, and I’m headed out to the snowy Midwest tomorrow. While I won’t be going to Minneapolis for the game, I will be watching with family in Chicago. The late start to the game means you have plenty of time to whip up a few of these last minute snacks before kick-off. Here are my favorite last minute ideas from Hilary Stone Soup:
- Nachos are super easy and always a crowd pleaser. Don’t be afraid to try new combinations as well! Blue cheese, shredded chicken, sliced carrots, and hot sauce would make great toppings for buffalo chicken nachos.
- Baked chickpeas are one of Z’s and my favorite snacks. For a twist, try topping the warm chickpeas with grated parmesan cheese and black pepper for a cacio e pepe inspired treat.
- The most impressive rice krispie treats thanks to salted brown butter. More butter + more salt = best rice krispie treat ever.
- Put a winter spin on cheese and fruit. I tend to pair apples in particular with a sharp cheddar or gruyere, and then pears with a goat cheese.
- …Speaking of cheese, these goat-cheese filled dates look like they cost $8 at the local wine bar, but you can find all the ingredients at Trader Joe’s.
- No one in my family ever turns down deviled eggs, and this recipe is our favorite.
- Warm up tortillas. Top with scrambled eggs, guacamole, and salsa. Breakfast tacos for dinner!