In celebration of SUMMER and SUN, I am bringing you a whole week’s worth of berries! For me, there is nothing quite as pleasant as freshly picked berries, whether you picked them yourself or bought them from the farmer’s market.
Today, I am bringing you 10 ways to improve your berry salad. Berry salads are a staple at my brunch and dessert tables, but after a while, I am ready for something new. These twists on the classic will entice all of your friends at your next dinner party.
- Add orange zest strips to your salad with this zester. You can see how beautiful it looks in the pictures above!
- Chop in a handful of fresh herbs, like mint or rosemary.
- Drizzle in a tablespoon or two of a flavored liqueur like Grand Marnier or Framboise.
- Macerate the berries in just a touch of vanilla sugar. It’s perfect as a topping for shortcakes or pound cake.
- Add a splash or two of balsamic vinegar…I promise, it’s delicious!
- Crumble in some tangy goat cheese or feta cheese for a salty-sweet twist.
- Create a delicious pancake topping by throwing in a dash or two of cinnamon to your berries.
- Squeeze in a lime or a lemon for a tangy taste!