Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope your week has been off to a great start. In just three more days, it will be the weekend again, where you can go back to relaxing in pajamas all day, drinking coffee in bed, and exploring your wonderful city.
In the meantime, you need to survive three days of work. And if you’re anything like me, it’s not just work, but also the gym, grocery shopping, learning French, reading for my book club, and volunteering. Tuesdays are typically the toughest in terms of trying to get everything done because I spend 2.5 hours in the early evening at BUILD, a national non-profit. I rush to get into work early so I can finish work by 4:30pm, spend 4:30pm-7pm at BUILD, and then often go to the gym afterwards. By the time I get home from BUILD, I am ready for bed.
And that’s where this Thai Green Curry comes in. Ready in less than 20 minutes, this curry is flavorful, healthy, and best of all, great for lunch the next day.
Thai Green Curry
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the chopped onions, and stir occasionally until they start to wilt.
- Next, add in the curry paste, and let it heat up for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken broth and coconut milk. Stir in the sweet potatoes, lime juice, and fish sauce. Let the sauce simmer on medium heat until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Then, add in the chickpeas and the chopped bell pepper. Cook over medium heat until heated thoroughly. The bell peppers should still have a little bit of crunch to them!
- Serve with brown or white steamed rice.