Every year, Zach surprises me on Valentine’s Day with Nutella, strawberries, and mimosas in bed. Now that we live on opposite coasts, I find myself clinging to little traditions like this. This year, I was hoping since Zach was going to be in town for Valentine’s Day, he would find a way to recreate this special tradition.
Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Frittata
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the butternut squash with olive oil, one teaspoon of salt, and one teaspoon of black pepper. Bake in the oven, turning the squash occasionally with a spatula, for 30 minutes, or until the squash is tender. Leave the oven on–you are going to need it again soon!
- Meanwhile, in a small pan on medium heat, melt the butter. Add onions, and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft and beginning to brown.
- Spray an 8×8 in. Pyrex dish with cooking spray. Layer the squash, onions, and goat cheese in the dish.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the 6 eggs, and remaining salt and pepper together. Add in the milk, and whisk again.
- Pour the egg mixture into the Pyrex dish.