- Heat oil in a large non-reactive pot over medium heat, until the oil is shimmering but not smoking, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in onions, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, pepper flakes, oregano, and cayenne. Stir the vegetables and spices occasionally, and cook until the vegetables are softened and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the turkey. Break up the pieces of turkey with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is no longer pink and just beginning to brown, about 3 to five minutes.
- Add the beans, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and salt to the pot. Simmer for about 40 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. The chili should be darken and thicken while it is simmering.
- Serve with lime wedges (and any other topping you prefer).